The Mt. Horeb Presbyterian Church, located on Dumplin Valley Road, was organized Nov. 20, 1841. The first meetings were held in a log schoolhouse and the first church building was built in 1851. The land for the church, schoolhouse and cemetery was deeded to the Church by RICHARD D. RANKIN and RICHARD BRADSHAW. Part of the land was transferred in 1842 and additional land in 1851. The present building was erected in 1875.
Note: the above text is a short excerpt of a post by Pat Rankin Ross originally posted on the Jefferson County Tennessee TnGenWeb site.
Parents and Grandparents of Nancy Jane Bradshaw Darr are buried in the cemetery behind the church.